Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager
Website Wasdell Group
An opportunity for a Purchasing & Inventory Control manager to join this well-established Pharmaceutical Packaging Group.
As the Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of the supply chain, materials planning, procurement, and inventory management functions.
The job holder will enjoy complex production, quality and scheduling challenges. In addition, a culture of continuous improvement is required in all aspects of the role. The challenge is to maintain high quality standards and achieve targets within tight deadlines and changeable circumstances.
The Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager role is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to make a real difference to business operations.
- Strong background in managing procurement processes and inventory control
- IT literate and understand ERP systems, MRP, MS Office applications
- Strong systems and process approach in work methods, backed by sound commercial knowledge
- Strong in planning but with the ability to action and drive results
- Set supply chain strategy and direction, and manage the day-to-day performance for materials planning, procurement and inventory control.
- Review the current supply chain operations and practices, with a view to identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, working collaboratively with supply chain partners to achieve a target cost saving of at least 40%
- Ensure security and efficiency of supply to the point of consumption, strengthen the supply chain, internal distribution systems and improving efficiencies and develop cost savings
- Responsible for the development of the companies MRP system to provide efficient and effective procurement, manage inventory supply chain, cost control within a variable demand on both core product, spares, consumables and supplies
- Plan and schedule all procurement and stocking requirements, achieving a high % stock accuracy, considering the control, distribution and usage of all materials and consumables
The company is a well-established and successful Pharmaceutical Packaging Group, handling a wide range of components.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply here to the following address, stating your interest in the position and salary expectations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com