QC Supervisor- Newcastle
Website Wasdell Group
Wasdell Manufacturing in Newcastle are looking for a QC Supervisor to join the Quality team due to further expansion. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established company who are continuing to grow.
To manage the efficient operation of the analytical and microbiology laboratories ensuring that staff are trained, developed and motivated. To ensure that the laboratories are compliant with the principles of cGMP / cGLP and applicable regulatory guidelines. To participate in client quality audits and regulatory inspections on all Quality Control matters and act as the primary contact for all Quality Control queries including commercial queries for preparation of client quotations.
- Manage and develop a team of pharmaceutical analysts and microbiologists undertaking the analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Manage an efficient and effective environmental monitoring programme of the pharmaceutical facility including Grade D and C rooms.
- Ensure all testing and associated activities are performed in accordance with cGMP / cGLP and all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure that all equipment and laboratory methods are appropriately qualified or validated.
- Plan, organise and monitor laboratory workloads, ensuring samples are analysed in a timely manner and results are delivered within agreed time frames
- Ensure best scientific practice is employed for analysis. Ensure the accuracy presentation and scientific content of raw data and reports.
Education and Experience
- Scientific degree (ideally chemistry or related).
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience of participating in client quality audits and regulatory inspections
- People management experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of three years experience working in analytical, chemistry, microbiology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Competent in computer software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Minitab, data acquisition software and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written; demonstrate good listening skills but proactive in group discussions; able to present well-structured arguments.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to manage varying priorities and workloads effectively to achieve set objectives.
If you feel you have the relevant experience necessary for this role please do get in touch by clicking ‘apply’.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org