Website Wasdell Group
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Newcastle facility for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Quality Manager to join our busy team.
The Wasdell Group is one of the largest and most experienced pharmaceutical contract packaging suppliers to the healthcare industry in Europe. A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Newcastle facility for an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Manager to join our busy team.
We are currently recruiting to the role of a Quality Manager who will be based at our manufacturing facility in Newcastle. The role will support the group in leading quality at the Newcastle site and the successful candidate will report into the Group Head of Quality. The specific duties of the role are as follows;
- To support the Group Head of Quality, General Manager and SMT with quality assurance, compliance and regulatory matters;
- To liaise and support QP in batch release decisions;
- To lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the Quality Department ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, KPI’s and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success;
- To provide a professional and value added service to managers and staff on all quality matters ensuring a compliant approach;
- To keep Wasdell Group Head of Quality informed and updated on quality matters on site;
- Work closely with SMT members to ensure consistent management of the site, setting objectives and KPI’s for the quality function whilst collaborating with other site functions to ensure consistency;
- Management of Quality Systems, Microbiology and Analytical Functions, Deviations and Change Controls;
- To support and provide guidance on New Product Introduction activities;
- Oversight of Quality Assurance activities supporting routine production;
- Supporting all Validation and Qualification activities at Wasdell Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will;
- have strong leadership/team management skills;
- be a strategic thinker with the ability to influence senior management;
- have strong analytical and problem solving ability;
- be customer focused and commercially minded;
- have strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- have experience gained in a similar position;
- hold a scientific degree level qualification (ideally pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, biology or chemistry) or have equivalent experience;
This role is full time, working on a Monday – Friday basis between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm with a competitive salary and benefits. To apply, please follow the instruction below.
Please note: We are unable to respond to all applications and therefore, if you have not heard back from us in two weeks, you have not been successful in your application.
No agencies please, CV’s will not be accepted from agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to Newcastlereception@wasdell.co.uk