Internal Clinical Lead
Website Wasdell Group
The Wasdell Group is a global business with 3 UK facilities and a further facility opening early 2019 in Ireland. The company is privately owned and is a European leader in the manufacturing, packaging and distribution services for a range of outsourced specialist products. As a result of our continued success and forward planning, we are looking to hire an experienced Internal Clinical Lead to join our sales team and based in Swindon. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, this is a business critical role, involved in account management and business development to oversee the implementation of clinical projects as they pass through the various stages of the business. The role would be well-suited to someone with experience in clinical packaging from Phase I-IV to include a strong account management background, with strong commercial acumen, able to develop relationships and identify and exploit additional market opportunities.
Division Specific Information
Our sales professionals thrive on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. Working with customers, they provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. Our sales teams are chartered with the responsibility to drive revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction with customers across a variety of markets like academic, pharmaceutical/biopharma, food safety, environmental and clinical.
What will you do?
- Identify and progress new opportunities within specific account
- Actively work with operational teams to protect existing business and discuss future opportunities
- Own and manage the quoting process ensuring the most effective solution for our clients
- Supporting the sales team in meeting new sales objectives and deliver on targets set for new business
- Analyse client needs to assess potential demands for new work
- Identify opportunities for improvement of quality and service within the account and implement action plan.
Who we are looking for: Experience, skills & ability:
- Clinical Services and account management experience across a wide range of biotech & pharmaceutical segments would be an advantage, particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace
- Experience of clinical protocol development and/or CRO sales.
Clinical trials and/or materials management knowledge
- Experience of clinical supply chain services including drug packaging, distribution.
Account Management experience in a targeted sales environment.
- Good technical knowledge, gained from experience or education
- Strong IT skills – particularly Excel and Word for accurate sales administration purposes
- Results-driven, with a strong ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Role / Description
- Managing and growing a portfolio of existing and new customers to take advantage of clinical opportunities and mitigate competition
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers and representing the company at multifunctional meetings
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities to expand the market potential and applications for specialist products
- Conducting market research to anticipate and identify market requirements and creating strategies in order to take advantage of potential opportunities
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in account management or clinical development to drive growth and diversification, ultimately strengthening this company’s standing in the pharma/healthcare contract services market.
The Wasdell Group is today one of the largest and most experienced contract packaging suppliers to the healthcare, pharmaceutical and veterinary markets in Europe, supplying UK manufacturers and shipping to 47 countries around the world. The Wasdell Group provides the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries with solutions to a range of outsourcing requirements. Established in 1971, with multiple sites in the United Kingdom and employing over 800 people, the group offers an impressive range of technical, manufacturing, packaging and storage/distribution services.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com .
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org